42-48 Begbie St.
1912, G.A. Hankey purchased the Russell Hotel and constructed the adjoining
Arundel Apartments. Designed by architects Thornton and Davis, it featured
a bank of four bay windows on the upper five floors of both the front and
rear facades. The beautiful Arts and Crafts style suites were once connected
to the Russell to allow residents to take meals in the hotel's dining room.
The building now combines commercial and residential space.
Click on Image to Enlarge