Downtown

- The Armoury
- Arundel Mansions
- City Hall
- Douglas College
- Emmanuel Pentecostal Church
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Irving House
- New Westminster Law Courts
- The Old Court House
- St. Peter's Church

Emmanuel Pentecostal Church
321 Carnarvon St.
Both the brick and wooden buildings in this complex have great historical significance to New Westminster. The church's adjacent wooden building was built in Gothic style in 1862 and was the first Presbyterian Church in mainland British Columbia. The main brick building of the church is also significant having been built by well-known architect George W. Grant in 1889-1891, as St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. Its pointed arches and stained glass windows reflects its Late Gothic style. These buildings escaped the Great Fire of 1898, however the brick church was remodeled in 1922. After a fire in 1930 it underwent some repairs including the removing of the steeple. Beginning in 1977 the Emmanuel Pentecostal Church started a renovation project which included, among other things, stripping the stucco from the brick church and restoring its exterior.

Click on Image to Enlarge