Uptown

- New Westminster
Public Library
- Sterling Place & Berkley Place
- Royal Bank
- Royal City Center
- Royal City Christian
Center
 
New Westminster Public Library
716 6th Avenue
The completion of the new building coincided with the 100th Birthday of the Province of British Columbia, and the Library was officially opened on November 19, 1958 by His Excellency, the Honourable Vincent Massey, Governor-General of Canada. The architect for the 1958 building was K.J. Sandbrook. By 1976 it became apparent that the Library was not large enough to accommodate the number of members. Renovation and expansion of the existing Library began in 1977 and included the addition of 17,800 square feet. Downs/Archambault were the architects, and Byers Construction were the general contractors for this expansion project. After only a brief closure from August 6th to September 5th, 1978, the library officially re-opened on October 21, 1978.

Click on Image to Enlarge