Downtown

- The Armoury
- Arundel Mansions
- City Hall
- Douglas College
- Emmanuel Pentecostal Church
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Irving House
- New Westminster Law Courts
- The Old Court House
- St. Peter's Church

The Old Court House
668 Carnarvon St.
Local architect George W. Grant designed the original building in 1891. It was mostly gutted in the Great Fire of 1898 with only its exterior walls remaining. Using these original walls Grant rebuilt the structure a year later following the same general plan. Its design is in the Victorian Romanesque civic building style and features brick and stone construction with a slate roof. This building functioned as the Courthouse for New Westminster until it was replaced in 1980 when the New Westminster Law Courts were completed. In 1984 the Annex was demolished. Renovations of both the old Courthouse building and the nearby old Land Registry Office building took place in 1987 and these buildings now house offices. The heritage features and architectural details of the original building have been retained.

Click on Image to Enlarge